John WhiteПреподаватель миссиологических дисциплин
- Introduction to Missiology,
- History of Missions,
- World Religions and Cults,
- Mission Seminar
Education and Academic Degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Operations Research, 1993 (Princeton University)
- Master of Divinity, Emphasis in Missions, 1999 (Trinity International University)
- Currently studying in a Ph.D. program in Intercultural Studies at Biola University
Biography & Family Information:
John grew up in the Chicago area of the US and has been a missionary with WorldVenture since 1999, serving in Donetsk, Ukraine since 2000. He is married with one son.
Publications & Papers Presented:
Published articles in Russian:
- Христианская ответственность за преобразование общества: пример Уильяма Уилберфорса и блока "Клапам"
Published articles in English:
- “Christian Responsibility to Reform Society: the example of William Wilberforce and the Clapham Sect”
- "The Unveiled and Broken Missionary"
Missionary movement of Ukrainians in the former Soviet Union in the 1990s, revival/awakening in the history of Ukraine and Russia, contextualization in history and in the modern world
Personal Vision of DCU’s mission:
I consider my mission at DCU to teach my students about mission and encourage them to get involved in mission all over the world. DCU has a history of preparing and sending missionaries, and I try to play a part in that. I hope to help students better understand different societies and cultures so that they can love the people in them and build bridges for the Gospel that will change lives by bringing people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.